Metacon’s Reformer Technology is scalable and can both be made as small systems and expanded to very large facilities. Such may be of interest to industries with a high hydrogen demand and where the raw material in the form of methane or other hydrocarbon is available locally at low cost. Examples of industrial hydrogen use are:
– Steel industry, for example as a protective gas for heat treatment of stainless steel
– Nuclear power stations and other large power plants, for the cooling of the generators
– Manufacturing of biodiesel and other fuels, including methane (Power to gas)
– Manufacture of food, for example margarine (so-called hydration)
– Pharmaceutical industry, for hydration and various chemical processes
– Gas welding of precious metals, such as gold and silver, where absolute purity is required
– As well as many other applications in the chemical industry
For many of these industrial hydrogen needs, Metacon’s technology is very cost-effective, compared to today’s common method of hydrogen production large-scale from natural gas, and distributed over long distances, at high costs.
Metacon will provide market-driven solutions with hydrogen generators, gas purification, compression and storage of hydrogen, in tailor-made solutions for each customer’s needs.