Sales are starting to pick up and new growth capital has been secured. The board and CEO of Metacon AB (publ) hereby issue the interim report for the second quarter (April 1 – June 30) of 2022.
CONSOLIDATED GROUP 1 APRIL – 30 JUNE, 2022
- Total revenues amounted to 20 114 (38) kSEK
- Operating result amounted to -15 296 (-7 992) kSEK
- Result after financial items amounted to -15 365 (-8 085) kSEK
- Earnings per share amounted to -0,06 SEK (-0,03) SEK
PARENT COMPANY 1 APRIL – 30 JUNE, 2022
- Total revenues amounted to 18 401 (0) kSEK
- Operating result amounted to -938 (-3 136) kSEK
- Result after financial items amounted to -983 (-3 188) kSEK
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE PERIOD
- On April 6, Metacon announced that the subsidiary Helbio is starting an EU-funded research project in the development of innovative nano catalytic materials and reactors “NANOLEFINS” in collaboration with project partners. Helbio’s total budget is 167,000 EUR and the funding rate is 80 percent.
- On April 22, Metacon announced that, in cooperation with its distributor Hydroholding, it has been awarded a contract for the delivery of a first demonstration HRS for hydrogen refuelling in Slovakia.
- On April 27, it was announced that Metacon, in collaboration with EPC partner GISAB (Gällivare Industriservice AB, part of Jernbro), entered into an agreement with a value of approximately SEK 56 million for the delivery of two electrolysis-based and fully integrated refueling stations (HRS) for green hydrogen to Botnia Hydrogen AB.
- On April 29, it was announced that Metacon had decided on medium-term financial goals. The financial goals are that the company’s turnover for 2025 should exceed SEK 500 million and that the company should be cash flow positive before the end of 2025 at the latest.
- On May 5, it was communicated that Metacon has, within the framework of its partnership agreement with Peric Hydrogen Technology, successfully completed a first evaluation project for sales and business development of Peric’s electrolysis portfolio on the American market.
- On May 16, it was announced that Metacon and the German green tech distributor Brennstoffzelle4home GmbH (B4H) have signed an MoU for the distribution and sale of Metacon’s Combined Heat and Power (CHP) unit “H2PS-5” in the German market and Metacon will receive its first order of five H2PS-5 units.
- On May 17, it was announced that Metacon’s subsidiary Helbio has delivered a first “ammonia cracker” prototype according to plan to the Norwegian company Pherousa Green Technologies AS (Pherousa). At the same time, Metacon, through Helbio, will increase its shareholding from 5% to 10% in Pherousa.
- On June 7, it was communicated that Metacon’s board decided on a Rights Issue of up to SEK 159 million.
- On June 8, it was announced in a press release that Metacon has started the listing change process from NGM to Nasdaq First North Growth Market.
This information is information that Metacon AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person below, on 25 August 2022 at 08:00 CEST.
For further information, please contact Christer Wikner, by phone +46 (0)707-647389 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
About Metacon AB (publ)
Metacon AB (publ) develops and manufactures energy systems for the production of hydrogen, heat and electricity. The core products are based on a patented technology that, through so called catalytic steam reforming of biogas or other hydrocarbons, generates hydrogen. The development of Metacon’s reforming products is done within the wholly owned subsidiary Helbio, which is a spin-off from the University of Patra, Greece and was founded by Professor Xenophon Verykios in 2001. From the onset, the business has focused on catalysts and advanced reforming for high-efficiency hydrogen production.
Metacon also offers system solutions for the production of hydrogen through electrolysis, a large and globally growing area for small and large-scale production of green hydrogen. Electrolysis is a process of starting and driving a chemical reaction to split water by adding electricity. If the electricity used is non-fossil and green, the hydrogen will also become completely climate neutral and green. Green hydrogen can be used in, for example, the transport sector, the basic industry and the real estate sector with a better environment and climate as a result. https://metacon.se/